Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Research Databases
Academic Search Complete
Academic Search Premier is a multi-subject database that includes indexing and abstracts for more than 8,500 journals, with full text for more than 4,600 of those titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles. Academic Search Premier is a useful starting point for any research topic.
Military and Government Collection
Contains current news pertaining to all branches of the U.S. military and government. Provides full text for nearly 300 journals and periodicals. The database also offers indexing and abstracts for more than 400 journals.
SocINDEX with Full Text
Access scholarly journal articles relating to the field of sociology in SocINDEX with Full Text. This database contains full text for 890 journals dating back to 1908. This database also includes full text for more than 850 books and monographs, and full text for over 16,800 conference papers. This product also contains informative abstracts for more than 1,300 "core" coverage journals dating as far back as 1895. In addition, this file provides data mined from more than 450 "priority" coverage journals as well as from over 2,900 "selective" coverage journals.
I only have a citation...can I still get the full text?
Do you only have a citation, but are looking for the full text article? Try searching for it by these three methods:
A-to-Z Periodicals Journal List
- The journal may be accessible online. Click on the link above and enter the name of the journal (e.g., Crime and Delinquency, Paris Review, Time) in the search box. "Journals" includes peer-reviewed journals, magazines, and newspapers.
- If the journal you want is available (whether online or in print) then it will be listed on our A-to-Z list. Click the link(s) to access that journal.
- If you don't see the specific journal or volume number that you need, then UH West Oahu has not purchased it. In this case, try searching the UH Voyager Catalog across the UH System to see if the journal is available at UH Manoa. See below on how to do this.
UH Voyager Catalog and IntraSystem Loan (ISL)
- Searching Voyager for journals will only retrieve print resources in most cases and will also indicate as to whether or not a particular library owns the journal in either print, online or microfilm format.
- Select "Journal Title begins with..." in the Search By window before you click on search.
- To expand the search from items only at UHWO to those at any UH System library, search "All UH Libraries" in the Quick Limit box.
- If the journal is available (either in print or online format) at UH Manoa, click on the GET THIS ITEM link and log in using your UH Web Login Username and Password. Once you are logged in, click on UHWO INTRASYSTEM ARTICLE REQUEST. You will then have to enter the appropriate information (Article Title, Article Authro, Publication Date, etc.) regarding the article you are trying to acquire.
- Requesting an article via ISL takes anywhere from 7 to 10 days to arrive. In most cases, the article will be emailed to your UH email account.
- If you are having any trouble requesting an article via ISL, please feel free to contact a librarian via Chat Reference, email email@example.com or by calling 689-2703.